This page has information about:
- how to open the different files that you can download and save from this website, and
- the accessibility of this website.
Accessing and reading documents
Opening PDF files
This website uses PDF (Portable Document Format) files, also known as Adobe files, to make documents available online. To open, print or save these files, you will need to use Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have this program, you can download it for free from Adobe.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader (Approximate file size: 51.95MB)
Opening RTF files
This website allows you to save or email some information in RTF (Rich Text Format) format. You can open these documents with most text viewing programs. You can also open RTF documents using Microsoft Word. If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can download a program for free that allows you to view these documents.
Download Microsoft Word Viewer (Approximate file size: 24.5MB)
Opening CSV and Excel files
This website allows you to save some information in CSV (Comma Separated Values) format (shown by the Microsoft Excel icon). You can open CSV files with many spreadsheet programs—the most common one is Microsoft Excel. If you do not have Microsoft Excel, you can download a program for free that allows you to view these documents.
Download Microsoft Excel Viewer (Approximate file size: 74.1MB)
If you use the CSV files in Excel, we suggest you ‘Save as’ an Excel file before making changes to the file, as some functions will not work in a CSV file.
Accessibility of this website
The Energy Made Easy website satisfies all Level AA success criteria of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 specification.
There are W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines checkpoints that we don't comply with. This is because they can cause specific problems for particular groups of people with a disability. These include:
- We do not use accesskeys. This is because most accesskey combinations are taken by the operating system and some screen readers.
- We do not use TABINDEX. This is because we have designed this website to have a logical page order.
- We do not have non-link, printable characters between adjacent links. This checkpoint was specifically meant to address a screen reader issue with adjacent links, and all current and recently released screen readers now handle adjacent links appropriately.
We are committed to further reviewing and improving the accessibility of this website. If you have any accessibility issues, feedback or questions, please contact us.