For faults or emergencies, call your energy distributor.
Energy distributors are different to energy retailers.
Energy distributors own:
- the power lines, poles and gas pipes that bring electricity and gas to your house, and
- your electricity and gas meters.
It is also their job to read your meters.
Call your energy distributor if you want to complain about:
- your electricity and gas meters
- power lines and gas pipes in your street
- black outs, or
- bad supply—for example, when all your lights keep getting dim.