Your energy bill lets your retailer tell you about your energy service.
Your bill shows:
- how much you have to pay
- the start and end date of the bill
- how much energy you used
- if the price has increased, and
- if you have to pay any extra fees (these might be disconnection fees, late payment fees, special meter reading fees and exit fees).
It also shows:
- whether you are using more or less energy than in the past
- whether the bill is an estimate
- how to contact your retailer, and
- the number to call for any faults or emergencies.
- set out their bills differently, and
- have slightly different information on their bills.
- what information has to be included on your bill, and
- what your bill can look like.
If you need help finding information or understanding your bill, contact your retailer. Their website might also help.
How often you get a bill will be set out in the Basic Plan Information Document or the retailer's written summary of the plan.