Interpreter and translation resources to help energy customers
On this page, you will find website links to:
- federal, state and territory translation and interpreter services
- translated information for energy customers created by the Australian Energy Regulator in several languages.
Federal Government service
The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) immediate phone interpreting service is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year, for the cost of a local call for any person or organisation in Australia who needs an interpreter.
For assistance in languages other than English, call the Telephone Interpreter Service (TIS) 131 450.
State and territory government interpreter and translation services
- Australian Capital Territory, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia – TIS National
- New South Wales – Multicultural NSW
- Northern Territory – Interpreting and Translating Service NT
- Queensland – Interpreter and translator services
- South Australia – Interpreting and Translating Centre.
Australian Energy Regulator translated information to help energy customers
Content for consumers that speak a language other than English to help them learn more about:
- how to save money on their energy bills
- how to get help if they’re having trouble paying their bills or have a problem with their energy company, and
- what happens when an energy company goes out of business (a Retailer of Last Resort event).
View the translated material here.
View additional Hardship information in other languages here.
We are committed to further reviewing and improving the accessibility of this website. If you have any accessibility issues, feedback or questions, let us know via our Contact us page.
Last updated on Wednesday, October 25, 2023 at 12:52 PM